We are offering transition year students something a little bit different to do as part of their Transition Year Portfolio… Barista Training. Our Barista course is interactive and learner centred. This means you will have plenty of information and content to include in your year end portfolio.
Why not do something that will give you the skills and experience needed to find part-time or casual work? From espresso shots to lattes, flat whites to cappuccino’s, our Barista training covers it all.
Tailored around the growing demand in speciality coffee, our Barista course aims to bring students who have no experience in coffee making to a level where they can secure themselves part time work. Our course will guide students through the basics of coffee making, and the skills required to be a Barista. This Barista course is a great addition to any CV, and is transferable all around the world.
What our Barista Course Involves:
Our Barista Course includes the essentials needed to become a Barista. We want our students to leave feeling accomplished with the necessary knowledge and skills to become a top Barista. Our course is broken down into the following areas:
- Grinder essentials.
- Espresso Shots.
- Milk texturing and latte art.
- Machine maintenance and cleaning.
- Customer service.
- Skills, knowledge and application.
We provide students with the skills needed to get their first job as a Barista, and feel confident in the work place from day one.
Fun, engaging, well thought out.
Why Our Transition Year Barista Course?
- We work closely with MCX training and development, one of the leading training providers in the country.
- We keep our class sizes small… the biggest class is just six people. This allows us to give each individual the necessary attention. It also ensures every one has the time and space needed to perfect their skills.
- We provide a training manual that students can take away to ensure they remember everything that was learned on the day.
- Students will also leave with a certificate of attendance of our Barista training course… perfect to add to a TY portfolio.
- Our Barista Essentials course is a half day course, which means that students still get time off to enjoy their holidays and time to recoup for next term.
We have had many transition year students attend our course to date. We have seen the value our students have gotten from this course, and the feedback we have received from our students has been amazing.
Made to feel at home and feel I could do it.
If you have any questions in relation to our Transition Year Barista Course, please don’t hesitate to get in touch with Seamus, our Barista Trainer.
Our Barista Essentials course runs throughout the year at weekends, and over school holidays too, perfect for TY students. Check out our upcoming dates for our courses, we have a range of dates available. Go back to school knowing how to create the perfect latte with our Barista course.
Great Training, great skills to learn.